7.05.2008

I've been a mom for 5 years!

Becoming a mom was something that I have always dreamed about. I remember the day I found out that it would happen. It was the day before Thanksgiving in 2002, I woke early felling like something was different, I took the pregnancy test and from that day on my life has been different. I was all of a sudden a mom, I did not have my baby to hold in my arms, but my mind switched to a different setting, I was going to be a mom.
Clara was born on July 4, 2003 at 4:08 in the morning, weighing 7 lbs 4 oz. She was about three weeks early and came while my parents were on vacation 3000 miles away. She was and is my little firecracker. She celebrated her fifth birthday yesterday. I think that it is so sweet that she thinks all of the fireworks and decorations are all for her. We drive around town and see all of the red, white and blue decorations and she says, "look, they decorated for my birthday." Clara loves all things girl. It has to be pink, or have a princess on it. She fears bugs and all things creepy. Clara will always find something encouraging to say.
When Clara was 17 months old, we found ourselves expecting again. We were so excited but were not prepared for the trials this baby was going to bring. Lindy was born August 4, 2005 at 8:23 pm, via c-section, after 24 hours of labor. She weighed in a 8 lbs. 6 oz. She was four weeks premature and was sweet for about the first 3 weeks. After that she would scream for hours every night until she was about 6 months old. This led to me having very bad postpartum depression which I did nothing about (bad idea). It is hard to believe that she will be three in a month. Lindy loves animals and babies. She is very sensitive, and loves to cuddle. Lindy is not afraid of much and will try most anything once. She always looks to please others.
One year ago this Tuesday (July 8) I found out that we were expecting yet another child. This came as a shock, we tried for a while and finally gave up and decided we were content with the 2 girls God had given us. We thought that His pan for our family was complete. Charles (Charlie) was born at 10:44 am via repeat c-section (not my plan but Gods). He weighed in at
8 lbs. 10 oz and was 2 weeks early. Charlie is the sweetest baby I have ever seen. He laughs and smiles, he coos and just looks at me like he is in love with me. He is just like a little copy of his father. He will be 4 months old tomorrow.

I love being a mom! It is my job and one of my passions. Although it is one of my greatest achievements in life, it would not ever have been possible with out my husband. Will and I became husband and wife on October 14, 2000. Will is the love of my life, he is the one who keeps me strong and encourages me all along my journey. Will makes me want to be a better mom, wife, sister, daughter and friend. He inspires me to try the things I want to do, even if it seems to be impossible. Will is fun, he keeps me young, he makes me laugh and he is my best friend. I hope that the flame of love we have for each other never goes out.

No comments: